Forums » Suggestions

VIDEO Heres What Shane McClanahan Said A

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 6:29 AM EST

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. For six straight starts now, the Tampa Bay Rays have really needed a win when they've handed to ball to Shane McClanahan for a start.And through six straight starts, the Rays have won every time.They beat the Chicago White Sox on Friday night, getting six solid innings from their ace. He allowed just Andrew Whitworth Jersey two runs in six innings, and had eight strikeouts. The Rays are now 31-21, and are 10 games over .500 for the first time all season.It was also a big win to open a series, something that's been a problem for the Rays this season. They are now just 7-10 in series openers, and 24-11 otherwise.Here's what McClanahan said after his start: McClanahan on his overall performanceI definitely didnt have my best stuff tonight. Thats a good hitting team and they put pre sure on me all night and I had to wiggle my way out of some spots and battle all six. The guys behind me had my back Troy Hill Jersey and I made pitches when I had to. It was a good night for everyone.'' McClanahan on getting through a shaky third inningScroll to ContinueI just tried to minimize. When they score, its all about what I can do to get out of this and minimize the damage, and I thought I did a decent job fo that.'' McClanahan on the Rays' four-run first inningIt was awesome. The boys came out hot. Theyve been starting to get hot lately. This is a very dangerous offense when everything is clicking, so Its a good sign.'' McClanahan on adjusting to White Sox hittersI make an adjustment. It goes back to the scouting report that (pitching coach) Kyle (Snyder) gave me and our pregame talks and mid-game adjustments of what were seeing from the dugout and whats working. Just trying to get feedback off of each pitch and the way the are reacting.McClanahan is now 6-2 on the season, and he's won five straight decisions in his last six starts. He leads the majors with 89 strikeouts and is averaging 12.5 strikeouts per nine innings. His ERA sits at 2.10, and his WHIP is at 0.92. He's in the top half-dozen or so pitchers in the American League in just about every important category.Here's his numbers from Friday night, Marcus Peters Jersey and the cumulative stats for. the entire starting rotation this season:Rays' Starters By The NumbersStarter: Shane McClanahanGame:Friday (June 3) vs. Chicago White SoxDecision:Won and is now 6-2 on the season.Team result: Won 6-3, and is now 31-21 on the season.Innings pitched: 6.0Total pitches:92Strikes:66Runs allowed:2Earned runs:2Hits allowed: 6Walks allowed: 0Total strikeouts:8Status upon departure: Shane McClanahan pitched six complete innings and left with a 4-2 lead. He lost to the White Sox earlier this season, so it was nice to get staked with a lead and hold off the tough Chicago lineup through some challenges. He was replaced by Matt Wisler, who pitched a scorele s seventh inning.The skinny: McClanahan is the ace of this staff, and he continues to prove it over and over. The Rays have won each of his last six starts, and he's 5-0 himself. Even when he says he ''doesn't have my best stuff,'' Eric Weddle Jersey he's pretty darn good.''Season Totals for Rays StartersStarters: Shane McClanahan (11), Drew Rasmu sen (10), Corey Kluber(10), Ryan Yarbrough (5), Jeffrey Springs (5), Josh Fleming (2), Luis Patino, Tommy Romero,Games: 45 (7 openers, not included in numbers)Team record: 31-21, a season-high 10 games over .500.Decisions: 16-13 through Friday- Alec Ogletree Jersey Most wins: Shane McClanahan (6)Team result: 31-21 through FridayInnings pitched (avg.): 218.2/4.78- Season high innings: 7.0, Shane McClanahan (April 24, May 11, May 17)- Season low innings: 2/3, Luis Patino (April 11)Total pitches (avg.): 3,470/77.11- Season high pitches: 100, Shane McClanahan (May 11)- Season low pitches: 13, Luis Patino (April 11)Total strikeouts (avg.): 227/5.04- Season high strikeouts: 11, Shane McClanahan (April 30, May 11)Runs allowed (avg.): 89/1.98Earned runs (avg.): 84/1.87Hits allowed (avg.): 187/4.16- Season most hits allowed: 11, Corey Kluber (April 22, May 10)Walks allowed (avg.): 54/1.20Starter ERA: 3.46