Forums » Suggestions

Who Will The Rangers Take At No. 2 What

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 6:35 AM EST

After months of anticipation, we are finally on the eve of the MLB Draft. The Texas Rangers have Drew Robinson Jersey the second overall pick in the draft for the first time since 1974, and there is a lot of external pre sure on club management to get the pick right.But before Jon Daniels, Chris Young and Kip Fagg make their selection on Sunday night, let's take a look around the baseball world and see who the experts believe will be announced in Denver. : "Leiter would continue the Rangers' recent trend of taking polished college performers with their top choice." : "His College World Series performances certainly havent hurt and the Rangers are thought to have him, Kahlil Watson and Jordan Lawlar potentially on their list." : "I'd lex Reyes Jersey say this is down to Watson or Leiter and I'm leaning Leiter for now because it fits the team's window and preferences in a close situation. I think they'd take Mayer if he got here, but I'm not sure and I think Davis is the other guy in the mix." : "Scouts with other teams speculated to us that Leiter better fits Texas self-perceived competitive timeline, and that they have the bonus pool flex to get a deal done even if Leiters camp sees this market as sub-optimal." : "Theres growing sentiment among scouts and evaluators that Leiter and the Rangers may eventually end up a pair. Rangers bra s Chris Young and Kip Fagg are said to be enamored by Leiter and his meta- St. Louis Cardinals Jersey suited fastball. Its a profile that would play at the big league level almost immediately, and the Rangers have given no indication they intend on tearing anything down."Scroll to Continue : "I do not believe Leiter is in play at No. 1, but I do not see him falling outside of the top four. The Rangers have seemingly shown the most interest in Leiter and Davis, but also keep an eye on high school shortstops Lawlar and Kahlil Watson here." :" Marcelo Mayer could easily be the top name on their list, but with him gone in this mock we have them instead turning to either Leiter or Lawlarfor now well stick with the local product." : "You can't draft for organizational need this early in the draft though. Take the best player and sort it Kolten Wong Jersey all out later, because it's impo sible to know what your needs will be when these players are big-league ready in three-plus years." : "Vanderbilt right-hander Jack Leiter is in play, but a spotty track record of developing pitching and the fact that Lawlar is playing in the Rangers' backyard makes the prep shortstop the Carlos Martinez Jersey more likely pick. The Rangers have long targeted toolsy athletes, and Lawlar could be a rare five-tool talent at shortstop. : "The Rangers might have more players still in their decision set again, if you listen to the teams behind them than the Pirates do, including all three high school shortstops, both Vandy pitchers, and Davis. Theyre certainly Kumar Rockers best hope up here."More on SI's :