Forums » Suggestions

Yankees Giancarlo Stanton Wants to Parti

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 7:03 AM EST

BOSTON During Friday night's blowout win over the Red Sox, Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton learned that he will be starting in the outfield in this month's All-Star Game in Los Angeles.Speaking about the honor postgame, Stanton had trouble picturing just how special and meaningful that opportunity will be, representing the Yankees Roger Maris Jersey in the All-Star Game for the first time in a ballpark just down the road from where he grew up in Panorama City."I don't think it'll fully soak in until I'm there and maybe even after," he said. "It's gonna be up there with the most memorable, if not the most, already off the bat I think."Before those festivities get underway on a Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium, however, there's something else that Stanton wants to participate in, an event scheduled for Monday night that he won several years ago.Stanton said he is "definitely" interested in taking part in this year's Home Run Derby."Nothing is official yet, but Mickey Mantle Jersey I definitely could be there," Stanton said.Stanton hasn't been in the Home Run Derby since 2017 when he represented the host Marlins at Marlins Park in Miami. The New York Yankees Jersey slugger was eliminated in the first round (by former Yankees catcher Gary Snchez) that year, while Aaron Judgewho will also start for the American League during this year's Midsummer Cla sicfamously won the event.Scroll to ContinueThe year before that, Stanton was victorious, hoisting the Derby trophy at Petco Park in San Diego. Stanton also swatted big flies during the 2014 Home Run Derby in Minneapolis at Target Field.This season has been a bit of a Home Run Derby for this Yankees team, a club that reached 61 wins on Friday night at Fenway Park, extending their ma sive lead in the American League East to a whopping 15. Anthony Rizzo Jersey 5 games. Stanton has 21 homers in 70 contests, Anthony Rizzo has whacked 22 while Judge leads the team (and all of Major League Baseball) with 30..Yankees manager Aaron Boone didn't addre s Stanton's interest in the Derby after New York's big win, but he did gush about the outfielder's Cameron Maybin Jersey starting spot in the All-Star Game."Oh, man, I'm so excited for him," Boone said. "He's a pro and I have so much respect for big G in the way he goes about things, who he is. I'm really excited about that. To see him and Judge in the same outfield at the All-Star Game? Pretty cool."MORE: