Forums » Suggestions

This Guy Can Really Hit Rangers Terry Su

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 7:13 AM EST

The Texas Rangers have announced the next line of roster moves as the regular season inches closer and closer.First baseman Curtis Terry, acareer minor-leaguer,remains in the mix for the Opening Day roster. Terry is among a list of older players who are still in a "prospect status". However, the Rangers sent a clear me sage to Terry that his work Ryan Yarbrough Jersey hasn't gone unnoticed."He's a good player, man," Chris Woodward said. "Curt Terry has done everything po sible in the world to prove he deserves a shot in the big leagues at some point."Terry, 24, was the Rangers' 13th-round pick in the 2015 MLB Draft. After five years on the Rangers' farm, Terry has made a name for himself with a very powerful bat. He hasn't played above Cla s-A baseball, but the unique 2020 season broke that barrier, as the Rangers called up five similar players to the big leagues last year.This year, the Rangers are sending a me sage to guys like Terry, or Andy Ibez, who also remains in big league camp that they may be one injury or opportunity away from getting their shot.The Rangers are obviously excited about the eventual debuts C. J. Cron Jersey of high-end prospects like Josh Jung. However, they have a few seasoned prospects who are just as hungry to get to the show."He's a pleasure to be around, man," Woodward said. "This guy can really, really hit. And I want to see him. I think it was more of a me sage to send to him to say, 'Hey, man. You've done everything po sible to make us notice you.' Right now, he's doing that."Now Tommy Pham Jersey , Terry hasn't put up the most impre sive numbers during Cactus League play. He only has one hit in eight at-bats, but it was a hard-hit double off the wall that scored two runs. But just like we don't want to put players who rake in spring training on a pedestal, we can't write-off players who aren't getting results. That goes right along with Woodward's "proce s over results" mantra.The Rangers have always like Terry's bat, and he even continued his journey to the big Trevor Richards Jersey leagues with a good showing at instructs last year.Keeping Terry around for now is a very positive me sage, and he may make an impact at the big leagues this year. But with so muchcompetition in camp,his chances for making the Opening Day roster remain slim.Scroll to Continue"I'll be completely honest, probably not," Woodward said. "But that doesn't meant things won't change. We still have two-and-a-half weeks. If something happens, somebody goes down, and this guy starts banging baseballs around the field like we know he can, who knows?"Rangers Roster MovesOn Friday, the Rangers optioned Sherten Apostel to Triple-A Round Rock, while A.J. Alexy, David Garcia, Yerry Rodriguez have been optioned to Double-A Frisco.The following non-roster players a signed to the minor league workout group:Hans CrouseJustin FoscueJosh JungFernery OzunaAlex SpeasBubba ThompsonSteele WalkerDavis WendzelMatt WhatleyJustin Anderson, Austin Meadows Jersey who is recovering from Tommy John surgery, has been a signed to minor league rehab group.Because minor league camp hasn't started yet due to COVID-19 health and safety protocols, all of the players optioned/moved on Friday will remain in big league camp. They also remain eligible to appear in Cactus League games.READ MORE: READ MORE: READ MORE: