Forums » Suggestions

Dodgers Max Muncy Discusses Where He Wil

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 7:20 AM EST

The Dodgers signing of first baseman Freddie Freeman creates a . What isn't much of a po sibility anymore is Max Muncy playing first base. Positional versatility is one of the very few things that Freeman lacks.Considering Muncy is still recovering from a torn UCL, he figures to be slotted Russell Martin Jersey in as the DH, with a little second and third base sprinkled in, for Edwin Rios Jersey the first part of the season. Judging by Muncy's comments earlier this week, he has no problem with being shifted around to make room for Freeman. In fact, it almost sounds like he's looking forward to the Chris Taylor life.Those comments are consistent with Muncy's prior comments Max Scherzer Jersey about moving positions if the Dodgers signed happened to sign Freeman. Muncy had this to say in early March in appearance on .Scroll to ContinueI think its awesome. Imagine how dangerous wed be if we get him Freeman in that lineup. It makes me really excited. Yeah, maybe its not as much first base but thats ok because I think Ive said several times I enjoy playing second base more.Muncy has played 149 games at second base and 104 games at third in his major league career. Neither are akin to the Dodgers disastrous experiment of playing outfielder Joc Pederson at Maury Wills Jersey first base in 2019. His ability to play third also means that manager Dave Roberts can swap Justin Turner into the DH role to keep his 37-year-old legs fresh. Statistically, Muncy owns a defensive runs saved (DRS) total of plus-six at second base. Meaning, he's an above-average second baseman by that metric Joc Pederson Jersey . That mark stands at plus-two at the hot corner.