Forums » Suggestions

Rangers at Mariners Pre-Game Notes Kyle

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 7:44 AM EST

The Texas Rangers travel to Seattle to begin an unconventional four-game weekend series on Friday night.Texas Rangers (13-23) @ Seattle Mariners (15-22)Friday, September 4, 20208:10 p.m. CTT-Mobile Park | Seattle, WARoof OpenProbablesTEX: RHP Kyle Cody (0-0, 0.00 ERA)vsSEA: LHP Yusei Kikuchi (1-2, 6.12 ERA)BroadcastTexas RangersTV: FOX Sports SouthwestRadio: 105.3 The Fan, KFLCSeattle MarinersTV: Root Sports NorthwestRadio: 710Texas Rangers Starting LineupCF Leody Taveras3B Isiah Kiner-Falefa2B Nick SolakRF Joey GalloC Jose TrevinoDH Shin-Soo ChooSS Elvis Andrus1B Ronald GuzmnLF Eli WhiteScroll to ContinueSeattle Mariners Starting LineupSS J.P. Crawford2B Dylan MooreCF Kyle Lewis3B Kyle SeagerDH Ty FranceLF Jos Marmolejos1B Evan WhiteC Luis TorrensRF Sam HaggertyInjury Report10-Day ILJoe Palumbo (ulcerative colitis flare-up): Tobias Harris Jersey eligible August 14Willie Calhoun (strained left hamstring): eligible August 30Je se Chavez (left big toe sprain): eligible September 2Danny Santana (right elbow sprain): eligible September 6Rougned Odor (right eye infection Mateen Cleaves Jersey ): eligible September 745-Day ILBrock Burke (left shoulder surgery): eligible May 27Corey Kluber (torn right teres major muscle (shoulder)): eligible September 11Jos Leclerc (torn right teres major muscle (shoulder)): eligible September 13Edinson Vlquez (right oblique strain): eligible September 27Kyle Cody and John King Get the Nod for Friday's Series OpenerThe departure of Mike Minor via trade opens up opportunity for some younger pitchers to take advantage of some expanded roles. On Friday night, Kyle Cody will pitch the first three innings, piggybacked by John King.With the number of younger players that are getting some much needed playing time, I asked Chris Woodward about the challenges of handling themespecially the ones who have not played Double A or Triple A ball.It's funny, I talked to John King today about that. I think the biggest thing for me is that they keep improving. I told him, Listen, you could go out today and throw three scorele s or you may give up five. Obviously we'd Ersan Ilyasova Jersey love for you to go out and throw three scorele s, but the continual improvement is what's nece sary and to understand how your stuff plays and how to throw it. At no point in the history of the game have you, as a pitcher especially, you should understand exactly what your stuff does and how it works. There's proof that you can use that against Major League hitters based on your stuff. The only differences is sometimes guys get caught up in the moment. Maybe they psychologically can't handle it. They get rattled, whatever you want to call it, but that's something that we have to work through is to help our younger players, so when things do spiral, we have answers for them. Well talk to them after and we can guide them through the proce s to say, This is what happened. How are we going to keep that from happening next time? They're hungry to learn and they're hungry to improve. We have answers for them. The biggest thing that they can do is go out and compete and let it eat and let it rip. Knowing that their stuff is good enough Dennis Rodman Jersey to play at this level. There's been so many young pitchers in baseball the last four or five years because of that, they have had succe s. There's a little bit more understanding of why and how they can be succe sful I think than ever before. We don't just throw them out in the ocean and say, Sink or swim Jerry Stackhouse Jersey man. There's a lot of life rafts and ways to help them get back in the boat. I love it. I love putting them out there. I think it's great, especially when guys have no fear of doing it. John King said he was a little nervous, but he's excited. There's more excitement than there is nervousne s and that's probably the one of the biggest reasons why we're putting him in that spot.