Forums » Suggestions

The Real Reason Why Marcus Stroman Keeps

• 358 posts
    December 4, 2022 7:45 AM EST

Instead of letting bygones be bygones, new Cubs pitcher Marcus Stromanjust can't help but continue to take shots on Twitter at his former team's front office.The latest unwarranted jab came on Tuesday evening when Stroman, who began to by saying he hoped free agent outfielder Michael Conforto left the Mets for a different team, responded to a fan's tweet asking him to elaborate on why he departed from Queens. Stroman replied with some choice words to say about Mets general manager Billy Eppler Leon Draisaitl Jersey and the organization as a whole in a tweet that has since been deleted."Just look at who the Mets hired as their GM...that tells you enough," wrote Stroman, referring to Eppler. "His lack of awarene s in his previous position is being exposed to the public now."I'm beyond thankful I'm gone from that organization. God got me!"What Stroman appears to be alluding to when he criticized Eppler for a "lack of awarene s," is in July of 2019. Eppler was the Angels' GM at the time of this tragic event.Eppler was Los Angeles' GM for a total of five seasons from 2016 to 2020, but Paul Coffey Jersey the team was unable to eclipse a winning record or playoff berth during this span. This led to Eppler being relieved of his duties in Anaheim following the 2020 campaign.The Mets hired Eppler to be their GM back in November, and he proceeded to hit the ground running by signing several big-name free agents before the lockout went into effect on Dec. 2.And although he hasn't been on the job in New York for that long, Eppler has caught the brunt of Stroman's bitterne s as a result of the team's decision to head in a different direction.Scroll to ContinueStroman initially went on a tirade on Twitter during free agency, claiming that Eppler and the Mets' front office were more interested in pursuing "other pitchers" such as Max Scherzer, Kevin Gausman and Jon Gray, instead of making an attempt to retain him."I would love to be back on the squad next year. I've proven that I can pitch in NY...others usually crumble under that New York pre sure," wrote Stroman in late-November. " Ben Scrivens Jersey However, I know a source who says the front office rather the other pitchers on the market. I'm going to dominate wherever I end up!"Stroman later quote tweeted this me sage by revealing that the "source" he was referring to was actually himself.This is nothing new, Stroman has a history of being vocal against a number of big-market front offices such as the Yankees, Blue Jays, White Sox and now the Mets.In the end, the Mets opted to not re-sign Stroman, despite the strong season he put together on the mound in 2021. It is evident that Stroman has some hurt feelings, which has been expre sed a number of times in a Jordan Eberle Jersey spiteful way over social media.And let's not forget, Stroman also indicated that he was to returning to the Mets following his final start of the season in late-September.He has since changed his tune and his uncalled for behavior has continued to make the Mets look smart for not bringing him back. Not to mention, New York wound up replacing Stroman with one of the best pitchers of all-time in Scherzer.Instead of going to a contender, Stroman, 30, signed a three-year, $71 million deal, which includes an opt-out after the 2023 season, with the rebuilding Cubs. However, he just can't seem to resist the urge to keep bringing up his ex-team.Stroman was acquired by the Mets at the 2019 trade deadline. The Laurent Brossoit Jersey right-hander was with the club for 2.5 seasons (July 2019 to October 2021).