Forums » Suggestions

After replacement scrumhalf Eoin

• December 4, 2019 10:24 PM EST

TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger have the latest on the future of Ryan Callahan with the New York Rangers, the Los Angeles Kings search for scoring and whats next with the Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs. Zapatillas Yeezy España . Whats the latest on trade talk surrounding New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan? Dreger: At least one team has requested and was given permission to speak with Stephen Bartlett, who represents Ryan Callahan, to gauge what his contract demands might be. Now, all along its been believed that hes looking for at least seven years and north of $6 million per year. We know the St. Louis Blues have expressed interest. Theres talk of Chris Stewart being involved in some type of a package. Theres a lot of interest and it continues to build. LeBrun: I spoke to three team executives today who said that Glen Sather is doing this because he still wants to sign Callahan. Hes putting pressure on his captain, so there are still some people who dont quite believe that theyre going to go all the way and trade him. I should mention that the Columbus Blue Jackets are another team keeping an eye on the Callahan hunt. Dreger: Unless his contract demands soften, theres a 100 per cent chance that hes getting traded by the New York Rangers. Theyre not paying him what hes asking. Note: According to Larry Brooks of the New York Post, Rangers general manager Glen Sather has offered Callahan a five-year extension worth approximately $30 million but sources say the Rangers captain has held firm on looking for a seven-year, $42 million deal. How badly do the Los Angeles Kings need/want scoring? McKenzie: They desperately need scoring and, unfortunately for them, theres nothing front line available right at this moment. Matt Moulson would be a great rental from the Buffalo Sabres, but the price is high - a first-round pick and a prospect - and hes injured until after the Olympic break. Mike Cammalleri is another rental whod be very good. The conventional wisdom is that hell become available, but right now, the Calgary Flames are still talking to him about a contract, so technically, hes not yet available. On Thomas Vanek, the New York Islanders have to decide what theyre going to do, but that will be a last-minute decision right at the deadline. Either theyre all in adding players or selling Thomas Vanek as a rental to cut their losses. But heres another interesting name: Sam Gagner of the Edmonton Oilers. Hes got two years left, not a rental, at a $4.8 million cap hit. It will be tough to make the numbers work on a cap-heavy team like the Los Angeles Kings, but he is a player of interest. Has the Vancouver Canucks recent flurry of injuries changed the way theyre going to approach the deadline and the rest of the year? LeBrun: I can tell you this - they will not be in on the rental market and I think there have been some decisions made in Vancouver over the past week, which is this: Were not good enough to go out and beat a Chicago or St. Louis or some of the powerhouse teams in the West. Were not giving up on the season, but if we make a trade, its for a young player. Its time to retool and reset in Vancouver after all these years of contending. Its all about youth and other than the Sedin twins, I think all bets are off for almost any other player on that roster. Alexander Edler on defence will get a lot of interest probably after the Olympics. Interesting times ahead, in my opinion, in Vancouver. After Fridays trade of Mark Fraser, are there any other deals on the horizon for the Toronto Maple Leafs? Dreger: The Toronto Maple Leafs have informed teams that theyre willing to move Nikolai Kulemin, but this isnt simply getting rid of salary to make some room for the return of Dave Bolland or anything like that. The Leafs need more than a pick. They need a player in return, but no offers yet on the table that make sense. Air Max Spain . -- The Toronto Maple Leafs are tightening the race for second place in the Atlantic Division. Jordan Baratas Online .Those stars, most notably the top line of James van Riemsdyk, Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel, struggled against the Montreal Canadiens and must be better as the Leafs look ahead to facing the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers this weekend.DUBLIN, Ireland -- Brian ODriscoll put on a show to remember in his last home test by spearheading Ireland to a 46-7 win over Italy at Lansdowne Road on Saturday and setting up their Six Nations closer in Paris next week as the title decider. While history counts against Ireland in Paris, where they havent won since 2000, ODriscoll said they have the momentum and ability to win their second Six Nations in 29 years at the expense of France. Ireland leads the standings with a points differential of plus 81, while next-best England, hosting Wales on Sunday, was at plus 21. "We go to France with huge positivity," he said. "Were capable of doing great things and we have to start next week by trying to win a second championship with this unit of players." ODriscolls final bow at home in an illustrious 15-year international career was his 140th test, making him world rugbys most capped player. He played for only 62 minutes, walking off to a standing ovation, but had a hand in three of Irelands four tries by then. After he left, Ireland poured in three more tries as Italy tired in having to make more than 200 tackles. Bemused by all the attention and embarrassed to be named man of the match, he addressed the packed crowd and the meaning of the day finally got to him. "I feel really humbled by the reaction today," he said, misty-eyed. "It seems a bit of a joke to get man of the match for 60 minutes. "Ive loved my time playing in this jersey and unfortunately it does have to come to an end, and Im glad Ive got to go out at home with a big win." It was a tribute to ODriscoll that he produced his best game of the championship in an emotionally charged atmosphere that ramped up when he led the team out. For the hour he spent in the game, he was in the middle of all the main moments. His no-look flick over his left shoulder sent flyhalf Jonathan Sexton, on the loop around, scampering past the bewitched defence and to the try-line just six minutes in. Coach Joe Schmidt called ODriscoll a magician. The man hhimself said, "I take as much satisfaction in setting up tries as scoring them, I have to these days, I dont tend to get too many myself anymore. Air Max España. " The tackling on both sides took a quick toll: Tighthead prop Martin Castrogiovanni, extending his Italy caps record to 105, walked off with broken ribs, then Ireland scrumhalf Conor Murray with nausea. Italy contributed to the occasion with backplay that was genuinely threatening. When Ireland accidentally conceded possession on halfway, Italys attack appeared to die when the ball was jolted by Ireland wing Andrew Trimble. But ODriscoll booted the ball straight to Italy wing Leonardo Sarto, who blasted off. Sarto ran through fullback Rob Kearney and inside his winger brother Dave for the first try Ireland has conceded at home in the championship. After replacement scrumhalf Eoin Reddan almost scored from a solo dart, Sexton regained the lead for Ireland with a penalty for 10-7. With Italy on the ascendency heading toward the interval, it lost possession on the Ireland 22 and the hosts counterattacked. Rob Kearney surged to the Italy 22, Ireland went through the phases, and finally ODriscoll unlocked the defence in a crowd with a basketball pass to Trimble, who was too close to the line to be stopped. Ireland went to the break 17-7 up. Irelands third try came in the 53rd, a tap penalty leading to prop Cian Healy scoring with a helpful shove from Paul OConnell, then walking straight to the bench. ODriscoll found himself in space but, too slow to have a go, he ran across field looking for support, only to be levelled. After regaining his wind, he then featured in Sextons second try with another offload, a reverse flick to Rob Kearney, who fed brother Dave, who found Sexton inside. That was enough for Sexton, whose Racing Metro club thought he couldnt play with an injured thumb, and ODriscoll, who was replaced by Fergus McFadden, who scored a try as Italy ran out of gas. Further tries to replacement forwards Sean Cronin and Jack McGrath further overwhelmed Italy. ' ' '