Forums » Suggestions

DeAndre Hopkins landing spots Bills Cowboys among best fits as f

• 358 posts
    March 14, 2024 6:41 AM EDT

The Arizona are in the first phase of a rebuild this offseason. They parted ways with both head coach Kliff Kingsbury and general manager Steve Keim in the wake of a 4-13 finish, replacing them with former defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon and former director of player personnel Monti O senfort, respectively. Safety and top defensive leaderin the event the Cardinals don't make him the highest-paid player at his position.Then on Friday Kole Calhoun Jersey , the Cardinals , a player who was and was reportedly . Earlier in the week, he had gone on theand listed some qualities he's looking for wherever he ends up next. The attributes aligned with what contending teams in the po se s, not a team like the Cardinals."What I want is stable management upstairs," Hopkins said. "I think that's something I haven't really had the past couple years of my career coming from Houston and then to Arizona. I've been through three or four GMs in my career, so a stable management. A QB who loves the game, a QB who brings everybody on board with him and pushes not just himself but everybody around him. ... And a great defense. A great defense wins championships." TEN WR #10 TAR96REC64REC YDs717REC TD3FL1 While the receiver's requests appear to be a scathing indictment of the Cardinals and quarterback , Hopkins clarified his belief in Murray, saying the 25-year-old does love the game. He also said Arizona is "in good hands" with O senfort as their general manager, but he's not thrilled about Murray likely while recovering from a torn ACL. The next man up in Arizona is journeyman , who turns 37 on Sept. 5. Hopkins said he loves McCoy, but that's not quite the caliber of quarterback he's looking to play with in 2023." I currently don't have a Pro Bowl quarterback or a quarterback who I would say could," Hopkins said when addre sing the Cardinals quarterback situation entering the season. Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim Jersey was an error proce sing your subscription. Hopkins remains one of the most productive pa s-catchers when healthy, as he led Arizona with 717 receiving yards despite playing just nine games last season. But the 30-year-old Pro Bowler has mi sed a combined 15 games since 2021, and is due $30.8 million in 2023 -- more than any receiver except the ' . In order to maintain a high-level of output into his 30s, Hopkins listed some of the top young quarterbacks when asked who he would like to catch pa ses from going forward as he hits the back half of his career."One of my favorite quarterbacks I've been watching since he came in the league is QB ," Hopkins said. "He reminds me of a new-school Andrew Luck. I love Josh Allen. Philadelphia Eagles QB , he's a Houston kid, and he's a dog. Kansas City QB is another one I would love to throw me the ball. I also got to go with the underdog, not as many people respect him as a throwing quarterback, but Baltimore QB Lamar Jackson . ... I'm going to also have to go with my dude with the Justin Herbert ."Now that Hopkins is officially a free agent, Julio Teheran Jersey he can choose his next landing spot based on whatever criteria he wants, and there's nothing the Cardinals or anyone else can do to stop him. All that matters is being able to hammer out a contract agreement with the next team. Here's a look at logical landing spots, with all that in mind:7 The Ravens addre sed their receiver room this offseason by signing Odell Beckham Jr. and drafting Boston College wideout 22nd overall in Round 1 of the 2023 NFL Draft. However, they have some cap space ($11.8 million in 2023) and are flush with draft capital. If Jackson truly wants to make good on his in 2023, adding Hopkins is a must. There's even a slight personal connection: tight ends coach George Godsey was the' offensive coordinator from 2015-16, when Hopkins made his Pro Bowl debut with a 1,500-yard breakout campaign. If Hopkins were to agree to a deal, Baltimore could provide Jackson with one of the better pa s-catching arsenals in the entire league in 2023.6 The aren't exactly loaded with cap space (projected $7.0M), and they're also short on 2024 NFL Draft ammunition after selling the farm for QB , the quarterback Hopkins became a superstar with in the 2010s. However, they have got a clear need for better depth behind , plenty of picks in 2025, and head coach Kevin Stefanski's leash may not be long for growing the pa sing offense with Watson. This signing would allow the Browns to become much more formidable competitors in a loaded AFC during a make-or-break season for the current regime.5 The Cameron Maybin Jersey defending NFC champions are a natural fit for Hopkins, as they have arguably the best general manager in the league in Howie Roseman, his second-favorite quarterback in Jalen Hurts, and a top-five defense. Hopkins would be the most overqualified WR3 in the league behind and , and the Eagles could provide him everything he's looking for. Roseman is certainly never afraid at taking big swings if he thinks it can improve the franchise.4 The don't have the quarterback profile Hopkins is looking for in second-year quarterback , third-year quarterback , or young journeyman . However, they have arguably the most-loaded offensive ecosystem in the NFL with at running back, and at wide receiver, at tight end, at left tackle, and head coach Kyle Shanahan calling plays. The 49ers also employ the NFL's top scoring defense from last season (averaged 16.3 points per game allowed), and it's powered by 2022 NFL Defensive Player of the Year , who led the NFL with 18.5 sacks. With Purdy healthy, Hopkins would enjoy plenty of room to roam in San Francisco's offensive attack.3 isn't a young quarterback, but as a MVP and a four-time NFL MVP, he has the pedigree Hopkins is looking for in his next pa ser. The also po se s a top-five defense, and Hopkins wouldn't have to be the No. 1 option with 2022 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year also on the roster. With Rodgers turning 40 in December, it's win-now mode for Gang Green. That's an outlook Hopkins would appreciate.2 They don't nece sarily need another big-money target with 2022 second-team All-Proheadlining their group, but there's a reason they traded a couple late-round picks to the Houston Texans for after flirting with. Adding a third proven route-winner like Hopkins to Lamb and Cooks would take pre sure off ofas the No. 3, and when doesn't Jerry Jones enjoy making a splash? The financials would be the biggest hurdle, but with many players in the near future, the time is now for Dallas.1 The Buffalo Bills are ready to contend for Super Bowls right now. They have been one of themost dominant teams acro s the last three regular seasons, leading the league in points per game (29.4) and points allowed per game (19.4) in that span. They could use another receiver after and since their current plan Albert Pujols Jersey is to have . The Bills employ Hopkins' top choice to play with at QB in Josh Allen, too. If Hopkins is willing to agree to a smaller deal to fit under the salary cap, Buffalo makes the most sense.