Forums » Support

d hes been back numerous tim

• January 14, 2020 3:48 AM EST

ATLANTA -- Jose Fernandez gave credit to his catcher and even claimed he had "a lucky game. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ." The Braves werent buying it. Fernandez matched his career high with 14 strikeouts in eight innings and combined with Steve Cishek on a three-hitter as the Miami Marlins shut out Atlanta 1-0 on Tuesday night. "He pitched amazing," said Atlantas Chris Johnson. "We went up against a buzz-saw today." Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said his hitters "were coming back shaking their heads." Fernandez (3-1) outpitched Atlantas Alex Wood (2-3), who also was dominant. Wood allowed four hits and one run with no walks and a career-high 11 strikeouts in eight innings. But the night belonged to Fernandez. "I think it would be fair to say that was probably his best-pitched game as far as his stuff and his command," said Marlins manager Mike Redmond. Fernandez struck out the side in the fourth and fifth innings. He allowed three hits with no walks but said he didnt have that kind of control in the bullpen before the game. "My breaking ball in the bullpen was horrible, horrible," Fernandez said. "But I thought to myself that when they say play ball it gets better." Fernandez said catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia deserved credit for the way he helped keep Atlantas batters off-balance. "He was just amazing back there," Fernandez said. "I cant explain how good he was." Gonzalez said Fernandez, 21, has more dominant games in his future. "Hes got the capability of running those type of games out every time he goes out," Gonzalez said. When told he was receiving postgame compliments in the Braves clubhouse, Fernandez shrugged and said "That was a lucky game today, I think." The Marlins gave Fernandez the only run he would need in the fourth. Giancarlo Stanton hit a one-out double to left field and scored on Casey McGehees single up the middle. Jason Heyward led off the first with a single to left field, and the Braves didnt have another hit until Chris Johnsons leadoff single in the eighth. Fernandez then struck out Dan Uggla and Evan Gattis before Andrelton Simmons infield single moved pinch-runner Tyler Pastornicky to second. Pinch-hitter Ryan Doumit grounded out to Fernandez to end the eighth. The eight innings matched Fernandezs career high. He was at 109 pitches after the eighth, so Redmond said it was an easier call to bring in Cishek for the ninth. "I think he did his job," Redmond said of Fernandez. "The agonizing would have been had he been around 100 pitches. After the runners got on in the eighth, I knew that was going to be an easier decision." Cishek pitched a perfect ninth for his fourth save. Atlantas only other baserunner before the eighth came when B.J. Upton reached on McGehees fielding error at third base in the fourth. Fernandez then struck out the next two batters to end the inning. It was the second straight start Fernandez did not allow an earned run. He allowed three unearned runs and received no decision in the Marlins 6-3 loss to Washington on April 16. Fernandez set his career high with 14 strikeouts against Cleveland on Aug. 2, 2013. Woods previous high was nine strikeouts against Washington on Aug. 16, 2013. Wood lowered his ERA from 1.67 to 1.54 in the loss. The game lasted only 2 hours, 8 minutes. NOTES: After the game, the Marlins options RHP Arquimedes Caminero Triple-A New Orleans. The team will make a corresponding move on Wednesday. ... Braves LHP Mike Minor (sore left shoulder) will make one final minor league rehab with Double-A Mississippi at Pensacola on Friday. Minor had been tentatively set to make his 2014 Atlanta debut on Saturday before being pushed back. ... Christian Yelich, who led off the game with a bunt single, has a 16-game hitting streak. ... The Braves traded Triple-A Gwinnett IF Tyler Greene to San Diego for a player to be named later. Greene will be assigned to the Padres Triple-A El Paso team. ... Atlanta RHP Aaron Harang will face Miami RHP Nathan Eovaldi on Wednesday. Wholesale Jerseys 2021 . (AP) -- The head of the committee that developed Major League Baseballs plan to expand instant replay says he is optimistic the system will be in place this season, even though owners and unions for players and umpires have yet to approve. Wholesale NFL Jerseys .C. -- The Bobcats announced theyve signed centre Justin Hamilton to a 10-day contract.SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Barring a change of heart from the league offices, Sacramento centre DeMarcus Cousins has played his last game of the season. He definitely went out with a bang. Cousins recorded his eighth straight double-double with 35 points and 15 rebounds but picked up his 16th technical foul of the season late in the fourth quarter of the Kings 106-103 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday night. By NBA rules, Cousins must sit out Sacramentos final regular season game at home against Phoenix on Wednesday. "Im not going to talk about it," said Cousins, who had sat for several minutes in front of his locker with his head hung low. Kings coach Mike Malone was willing to discuss it and said the team might contact the NBA to get the technical removed, citing Cousins most recent behaviour. The technical was his first since Feb. 25 and ended the longest stretch of his career without one. "I feel for him," Malone said. "He has made a concerted effort to handle his emotions and not get that last tech. Well try to do whatever we can to get that rescinded but its disappointing because I know it meant a lot to him." The Kings trailed by 11 in the third quarter and were down 82-81 before going on an 11-2 run to go in front for good. Cousins started the surge with a thunderous dunk and McCallum followed with consecutive 3-pointers, one from the left corner and the other from the right. The Timberwolves pulled to 100-98 with 1:13 left to play on three free throws by Kevin Love after Cousins was charged with the technical foul. Cousins then drove the baseline and dunked with 24.2 seconds remaining, helping Sacramento end a five-game losing streak while evening the season series with Minnesota. "Were still a team trying to grow and find ourselves," said Cousins, breaking his silence. "I think we took steps forward today. Weve been in those situations a couple times this season. Sometimes it went well, sometimes it didnt. We did a pretty good job tonight of handling the siituation and overcoming adversity. Wholesale Jerseys China. " J.J. Barea missed a 3-pointer and Love was off on a 16-foot jumper in the final 20 seconds for the Wolves. Love had 43 points and 11 rebounds for Minnesota after sitting out Fridays 112-110 win over Houston because of a hyperextended right elbow. "Our defence just wasnt good enough in the second half," Love said. "Offensively we were fine, but they kind of went on a run and never looked back." The Timberwolves lost after leading 62-51 with eight minutes left in the third in what might have been former Kings coach Rick Adelmans final appearance at Sleep Train Arena. The 67-year-old Minnesota coach remains a beloved figure in the states capital, having guided the Kings from 1998-2006. Sacramento made the playoffs in each of his eight seasons and havent been back since. Adelman clearly has fond memories of those glory days in Sacramento and hes been back numerous times as a visiting coach as well. This game, however, might hold special significance since it might be Adelmans last. He has taken time away from coaching each of the past two years to take care of his wife, Mary Kay, who has had health problems. Speculation around the NBA now is that Adelman will step away for good at the end of the season. "Ive always said that the eight years here were a tremendous experience," Adelman said. "We had a lot of fun, we had really good team and the fans during that run were terrific." Minnesota trailed by 11 early before going on a 12-0 run in the second quarter capped by Dante Cunninghams three-point play that put the Wolves up 40-32. Love finished the half with 13 points, including two free throws to give Minnesota a 52-47 halftime lead. The Timberwolves extended their lead to 62-51 with 8:03 left in the third, then Sacramento went on its big run. NOTES: Kings F Rudy Gay (lower back strain) sat out for the third time in four games. ... Cousins moved past Vlade Divac for eighth on Sacramentos career scoring list. ' ' '