Forums » Support

ster finished with seven and Ariza six.

• September 11, 2019 12:51 AM EDT

PARIS - Canadas Kelly Russell and Magali Harvey have been nominated for the IRB Womens Player of the Year award. Ireland full back Niamh Briggs and France No. 8 Safi NDiaye were also on the shortlist, released Wednesday by the International Rugby Board. Harvey, from Quebec City, scored 26 points on three tries, four conversions and a penalty in Canadas opening victory over Spain at the Womens Rugby World Cup. The 23-year-old wing also helped Canada reach the final of the Rugby World Cup Sevens tournament last year. Entering Wednesdays semifinal against host France, Harvey leads the Canadian team with 39 points. Russell, the team captain and No. 8 from Bolton, Ont., is playing in her second straight Womens Rugby World Cup. The 27-year-old is also a member of Canadas sevens side. "I would like to congratulate all four of these players who have made the shortlist," said IRB chairman Bernard Lapasset. "By making this exclusive list, they have already achieved something special regardless of who eventually wins the award." Custom Detroit Lions Jerseys . "Hopefully well get all this out of the way," he said, "and everyone will be healthy the rest of the year." Zimmerman was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and is expected to miss between four to six weeks. T.J. Hockenson Lions Jersey . Ellis had a season-high 37 points and two key assists late, Dirk Nowitzki led a fourth-quarter rally with 14 of his 35 points, and the Mavericks spoiled Howards best offensive night in Houston with a 123-120 victory over the Rockets on Wednesday night. http://www.shopdetroitlionsnfl.com/lions-jahlani-tavai-black-jersey/ . Raonic, the mens No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., needed more than three hours to overcome Frenchman Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 and become the first Canadian man into the fourth round at Roland Garros. Marvin Jones Jr Jersey . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend. Austin Bryant Youth Jersey . -- Josh Smith made a 3-pointer as time expired and finished with 20 points to lift the Detroit Pistons to a 99-98 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night in both teams exhibition finale.WASHINGTON -- It took the Toronto Raptors a little while to get going in their first game since the All-Star break. Guard Kyle Lowry eventually provided a jump start. Lowry had 24 points and 10 assists as the Raptors broke open a close game in the third quarter and held on for a 103-93 win over the Washington Wizards on Tuesday night. "He took the game over in the middle of the third quarter and willed us to a win," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. Leading by six at halftime, the Atlantic Division leading Raptors pushed the lead to 17 as DeMar DeRozans driving layup started a 15-2 run midway through the third quarter. Lowry scored nine of the 15 points with a variety of shots, including a driving lay-up, a short fall-away jumper and a corner 3-pointer that made it 78-61 late in the period. He played the entire 12 minutes scored 14 points in the quarter. "I just was getting more looks, trying to attack a little more" said Lowry, who wasnt named an All-Star, but came in averaging 16.7 points 7.6 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game. "That first game out of the break is always tough and I didnt want to let that be an excuse for us to lose the game." Five Raptors joined Lowry in double figures, including Amir Johnson, who returned after missing two games with a sore right ankle. He scored 14 points. The Raptors, who have won three straight, also got 14 from Greivis Vasquez and DeRozan, who addressed the team before the game. "Just (told) everybody to be focused," DeRozan said. "Each and every single game matters from here on out especially if we want to do something special. We cant take any nights off. These thirty games are going to be big and we have to start tonight." The Raptors led by as many as 20 midway through the fourth quarter, before being held without a field goal for the final 7:36. The Wizards pulled to within 99-90 on a 3-pointer by Martell Webster with 2:04 left. Following a steal, Nenes layup made it 99-92. After John Wall collected a steal, Nene made one of two free throws with 1:32 left, but Lowry hit a pair of free throws, however, to make it 101-93 with 1:02 left. Toronto shot 57 per cent from the field (42-of-74) for the game, and finished with 60 points inside.dddddddddddd "We had trouble guarding off the dribble tonight," Wizards coach Randy Wittman said. "We defended pretty much a lot of their sets and then it gets down to seven, eight seconds on the shot clock and they break you down off the dribble. Thats how they get 60 points in the paint." Wall led the Wizards with 22 points, but went 0-for-7 from the field in the second half, and Marcin Gortat added 18 points and 11 rebounds. Washington has lost three straight and five of six. The Wizards are 0-3 against Toronto, and fell to 13-14 at home this season. "They stayed with it," Wittman said of the fourth quarter rally. "We got the floor spread, made some shots. Uncharacteristically, (we) turned some shots down tonight. I thought we werent as aggressive from our perimeters with Brad (Beal), Trevor (Ariza) and Martell. Beal played nearly 37 minutes and went 2-of-10 from the field, finishing with nine points, while Webster finished with seven and Ariza six. "I was just taking what they were giving me. I found my teammates open," Beal said. "We just didnt make shots and thats all it was. Did I have a few? Maybe. But Im the one whos taking them and feeling comfortable and I didnt feel comfortable taking them." The post All-Star Break opener paired the teams currently in third place (Toronto) and sixth in the Eastern Conference when play began. The score was tied after one, but reserves Tyler Hansbrough and Vasquez (four points each) manufactured an 8-2 Toronto run early in the second quarter. The Raptors scored 38 of their 55 first-half points in the paint, on 19-of-26 shooting. Wall, coming off a win in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest and 12 points in his first All-Star Game, kept the Wizards close. After scoring 10 points in the opening quarter, he added nine more in the second, hitting 9-of-12 field goals in the half. NOTES: Wittman was ejected after picking up two second technical fouls with 4:39 remaining and Washington trailing 98-82. . Wizards F Al Harrington, who has missed the last 46 games (right knee), practiced for the first time Monday. . The teams final meeting is Feb. 27 in Toronto. ' ' '