Forums » Support

Highlights of Arsenal 3-2 Swansea W

• September 11, 2019 12:53 AM EDT

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- Halfway through his six spring training appearances, R.A. Dickey feels like an old pitcher with a new beginning. "Its like getting to start over and do it the right way. You feel like youre getting a chance to reboot," Dickey said Sunday after pitching five shutout innings for the Toronto Blue Jays in a 4-3 exhibition loss to the Houston Astros. "It makes you somewhat regret not being able to invest the time that was really needed last year." Dickeys first spring with the Blue Jays was interrupted by the World Baseball Classic. A year after winning the NL Cy Young Award with the New York Mets in 2012, he went 4-7 through May with a 5.18 ERA. "You dont know that in the moment, and youre getting to do a really fantastic honour," he recalled, "but having spent a lot of time with my guys on the team and getting to prepare my body, (this spring) just feels normal." Dickey threw 82 pitches in five innings in his third spring start, giving up four hits and a walk while striking out four. He plans to get up to 95-100 pitches in his next two starts, then perhaps dial it back for his final spring outing before pitching in the season-opening series at Tampa Bay. "Being older, I know what I need to do to prepare, and this is one of the things that helps me feel confident when I take the mound, knowing that Ive gone deep in games in the spring," he said. "That way when it happens during the season Im able to do it right from the get-go and not have to build into it. It works for me. Everybodys different." Marwin Gonzalez and Carlos Perez drove in runs for the Astros in the eighth inning off losing pitcher Jeremy Jeffress. Jason Castro hit a two-run homer for the Astros in the sixth. The Blue Jays took a 3-2 lead in the eighth on a play in which the Astros lost a replay challenge for the second straight day. Steve Tolleson beat a close play at the plate, scoring on a double by Erik Kratz. "If its that close, then its definitely worth challenging because theres no telling what angle they may end up getting that can actually overturn it," Houston manager Bo Porter said. STARTING TIME BLUE JAYS: Asked about the diminished expectations for the Blue Jays this season, Dickey deadpanned: "I think were terrible, and I dont want anybody to take us seriously. I think because of last year, were probably going to get walked all over every game." ASTROS: Rudy Owens, a 26-year-old left-hander who has yet to pitch in the major leagues, matched zeroes with Dickey for three innings, giving up one hit. "I never faced that calibre of hitters, but its something Ive dealt with and Ive been doing for my entire career," he said. "Its time for me to step up and I did." TRAINERS ROOM Toronto manager John Gibbons on the post-Tommy John surgery outlook of pitcher Drew Huthison: "You dont even think of Tommy John; modern medicine is so good. Its almost like when you draft these guys and sign em, do Tommy John right away because sometimes they end up better than they were to begin with." NICE IMPRESSION Kratz drove in two runs with a single and a double while catching Dickeys knuckleball for five innings. "Calling knuckleballs is an anxious proposition so hes got to navigate that some. He did a good job," Dickey said. Jared Goff Jersey .com) - The 2014 Holiday Bowl is the first postseason venture pitting a pair of ranked foes against each other, as No. Andrew Whitworth Youth Jersey . George Hill had 13 points and seven rebounds for the Pacers, who stayed atop the overall NBA standings despite losing twice on their West Coast trip. Los Angeles kept it close into the second half before the Pacers finished an easy win over the injury-riddled Lakers, who have lost five straight. http://www.laramsfootballshops.com/todd-gurley-ii-jersey/ . "Im proud of him," Jones said in an interview from Sacramento, site of the UFCs weekend televised card. "I think hes listening to his body and hes doing what makes him happy and thats what life is about ultimately. Torry Holt Womens Jersey . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Tyler Higbee Rams Jersey .com) - The New York Islanders will try to solve their issues against Central Division opponents when they visit the Minnesota Wild for Tuesdays battle at Xcel Energy Center.Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson has been impressed by new boss Bob Bradley since his arrival at the Liberty Stadium earlier this month. The 58-year-old became the first American boss in the Premier League when he was named as successor to Francesco Guidolin on October 3.His first game in charge was Saturdays 3-2 defeat by Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, where Swansea twice rallied to push their hosts all the way. New Swansea boss Bob Bradley has impressed Sigurdsson But the south Wales side failed in their attempts to leave with a positive result and suffered their first away defeat to Arsenal since 2011.The boys really like the new manager, Sigurdsson told Swanseas website.Training has been good since he came in - really hard and really sharp. I think we have improved since he arrived and I think if we keep performing like we did in the next few games, we are going to start picking up a few wins. Highlights of Arsenal 3-2 Swansea While Sigurdsson is frustrated at Saturdays loss, he is confident Swansea will not have to wait long to win their first league match since the opening day victory at Burnley.ddddddddddddWe are disappointed not to get something, Sigurdsson said.We put a lot of pressure on, especially in the last 20 minutes after the red card. It was a very exciting game to watch probably, with five goals and a red card.Overall we are a bit disappointed, but then we could have conceded a couple more. There were encouraging signs.Its never easy coming here. Even though we were 2-0 down we kept going, and after 20 minutes we started playing better football. We put a lot of pressure on and had a couple of chances to make it 3-3.You can watch Liverpool v Man Utd, plus Englands tour of Bangladesh and the British Masters on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy six months at half price! Also See: Xhaka off as Arsenal edge Swans Swansea a work in progress WATCH: Premier League goals Saturday’s Opta stats ' ' '