Forums » News and Announcements

play for the Azzurri

• March 18, 2020 9:48 PM EDT

Rory McIlroy was left frustrated after failing to capitalise on a fast start to the third round of the DP Word Tour Championship in Dubai. Custom Patriots Jersey China . The world No 2 briefly moved to within four strokes of the lead after birdieing four of his first 10 holes at Jumeirah Golf Estates, only to miss a series of chances after the turn and card a four-under 68.Last years Race to Dubai champion followed three gains on the front nine by picking up a shot at the 10th, but failed to make further inroads along the back nine. McIlroys only other birdie came at the par-five 15th, before he bogeyed the last after firing his approach in to the creek running the length of the hole. McIlroy mixed five birdies with a sole blemish I think I turned a 62 in to a 68 somehow, it was just one of those days, McIlroy told Sky Sports. I hit a lot of good shots but didnt hole many putts.(I hit) a great drive, second shot had 207 (yards) to the pin into the wind. Maybe just was a little too aggressive with it and pulled it slightly and just got punished for a bad shot. Live European Tour Golf November 20, 2016, 7:30am Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass McIlroy needs to retain his Dubai title this week to have any chance of finishing the year as Race to Dubai champion for a fourth time in five seasons.The Northern Irishman has never finished worse than 11th in seven appearances at the event, but after rounds of 75, 68 and 68 will head in to Sunday outside of the top 20. McIlroy began the week fourth in the Race to Dubai standings  It could have been a lot better than it was and I could have got back in to it, but it wasnt meant to be, McIlroy added.I want to go out and play well tomorrow, try and post a good score and feel good about myself going into the next couple of months before I tee it up again.Watch the DP World Tour Championship live on Sunday from 7.30am on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf Also See: Second round highlights Dubai latest leaderboard European Tour latest news Golf live on Sky Sports Russ Francis Jersey . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Matt Cassel Jersey . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. http://www.custompatriotsjersey.com/custom-larry-allen-jersey-large-1241f.html . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. BARI, Italy -- Traditionally feared for its stalwart defense, Italy made three elementary errors to gift European runner-up France a 3-1 win in a friendly on Thursday.Defender Giorgio Chiellini was to blame for Frances opening two goals, and 17-year-old goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma failed to protect his near post to let in the third on his international debut.Anthony Martial opened the scoring and Olivier Giroud and Layvin Kurzawa also found the target for France after Graziano Pelle equalized.FIFA used the match as an offline test of video assistance for referees, with the results to be unveiled on Friday in a news conference with FIFA President Gianni Infantino.It was a disappointing debut for new Italy coach Gian Piero Ventura, who replaced Antonio Conte after the European Championship.After three days of training I couldnt expect more, Ventura said. Of course I cant be satisfied with the result. ... If we analyze this match it will be easy to see the errors that we made.Martial easily beat Gianluigi Buffon for his first international goal after collecting a through ball from Paul Pogba that went under Chiellinis boot.Pelle equalized four minutes later, turning around his marker to score inside the near post after Eder worked hard to provide the cross from the right flank.In an entertaining first half, Giroud restored Frances advantage with an angled shot after Chiellini lost track of him inside the area. It was Girouds 21st goal for France, including three at the European Championship.I know I could have done better, Chiellini said. On Girouds goal I didnt turn around quiick enough. John Taylor Jersey. I should have read the situation a bit faster. I could have done better, and we all could have done better.Italy was without usual center back Leonardo Bonucci, who was tending to his ill son.After substitutions from both sides during the second half, Kurzawa scored from a tight angle between Donnarumma and the post -- also his first international goal.Considered an heir to longtime Italy starter Buffon, Donnarumma replaced Buffon to start the second half and became the youngest goalkeeper to ever play for the Azzurri, and the youngest player overall in modern times.The previous record was held by Piero Campelli, who was 18 when he defended Italys goal in 1912.The youngest player overall for Italy was Rodolfo Gavinelli, who was 16 when he appeared in 1911. Defender Giuseppe Bergomi, who made his national debut at 18 in 1982, had held the modern record.Buffon was already 19 when he made his debut in 1997.Trailing 2-1 in the first half, Italy protested for a perceived handball by Kurzawa following a header from Daniele De Rossi -- a possible discussion topic for Infantino.Before kickoff, a minute of silence was observed to mourn the nearly 300 people killed in a devastating earthquake last week. Buffon also made an appeal to the crowd to help with relief efforts, and the Azzurri wore black armbands.Both sides open qualifying for the 2018 World Cup next week. Italy visits Israel on Monday and France travels to Belarus a day later. ' ' '