Forums » Suggestions

Seahawks Jamal Adams breaks finger at practice could need surger

• 358 posts
    March 14, 2024 5:55 AM EDT

Tyrell Terry Jersey safety broke his middle finger on his left hand during practice on Wednesday after the finger got stuck in a helmet, according to . The report states that Adams "is expected to be back practicing with a club and a special cast for games."He is expected to be ready to play for the first week of the regular season. If he ends up needing surgery on the finger -- a likely scenario according to the report -- it will be done in the offseason.According to , Adams flew to Dallas after the injury to have his surgeon evaluate the hand. The injury reportedly happened on one of the last plays in the first day of practice. Adams will likely mi s time while he gets additional opinions on the injury, but was not specific about how long he would be out. The bone will likely take a few weeks to heal. Adams has played through finger injuries on his left hand the last two years, and DeAndre Jordan Jersey this offseason he had surgery on his hand. He had previously said the surgery was helpful and his hand Dorian Finney-Smith Jersey would be fine,Like all players, Adams is not looking to mi s games, but especially since he has yet to play a full season with the Seahawks due to injury.The 26-year-old's career has involved multiple injuries, including finger injuries on his left hand the last two seasons. He dislocated two fingers on the hand multiple times, so he had the fingers fused in hopes of limiting dislocations. He had surgery on his hand this offseason and said the surgery helped. Describing his previous injuries, Adams noted that the injury limited his play severely."My first year when I got here, dislocated my ring finger probably about 10 times and the other one, probably about 12. So I've been dealing with that. . Justin Jackson Jersey .. But you know, it's good now and they're in trouble. ... I played with one arm damn near for two years. But that's no excuse. At the end of the day it was tape it up. Let's go," Adams .He also had shoulder surgery last year that ended his season after 12 games. It was the second year in a row he only played 12 games due to injury. In 2020, Adams injured his groin in Week 3 and was out for the next four games.Adams has been with the Seahawks since 2020, when Seattle traded two first Freddie Gillespie Jersey -round picks to the to land the safety. His value was proven to the team and the Seahawks repaid his on-field production with a four-year $70 million extension before the 2021 season. At the time, he was the highest-paid safety.