Forums » News and Announcements

ers, who led by 20 points in the

• January 6, 2020 3:46 AM EST

Rick Dudley will be staying on as assistant general manager of the Montreal Canadiens for the forseeable future after agreeing to a more lucrative deal to stay with the franchise. Carolina Hurricanes Shirts . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com. "And Berg (Montreal GM Marc Bergevin) said he would never stand in my way which I appreciate, too. But he said, Ive got something for you to think about. He presented me with an option, and you know what, I came to Montreal because of Berg, and Ill stay in Montreal because of Berg. Its been a lot of fun. If youre doing something you enjoy, why would you change it? Dudley said Bergevin phoned the Sabres on Wednesday to inform them he would stay with the Canadiens. In return, he got a contract extension. "It got extended by a lot, said Dudley, who turns 65 in January. "It probably means itll be my last deal. This is a great organization. Id like to help build one more (champion) like the Blackhawks and Lightning, I think it can happen with this organization, and if it does, it would be wonderful. Dudley was hired away from the Toronto Maple Leafs by Bergevin in 2012. Prior to joining the Leafs, he worked with the Atlanta Thrashers from 2009 to 2011, beginning as associate general manager before being promoted to general manager, assuming that role until the franchise moved to Winnipeg. From 2004 to 2009, Dudley worked with the Chicago Blackhawks serving as the teams assistant general manager after starting off as a hockey consultant. In Chicago, his work was conducive to the Hawks first Stanley Cup win in 48 years. Dudley previously had served as general manager of the Florida Panthers from 2002 to 2004. From 1999 to 2002, he was the Tampa Bay Lightnings general manager and played a significant role in building this team for the 2004 Stanley Cup win. Prior to joining the Lightning, he held the position of general manager of the Ottawa Senators in 1998-1999, taking the team to the top of their division for the first time in franchise history. Dudley thanked Sabres executive Pat LaFontaine for reaching out to him. "I think Patty LaFontaine will do the right things in Buffalo and I really appreciate them calling, Dudley told LeBrun. "But we started something here with Montreal and I want to be around for when it comes to fruition. Hurricanes Jerseys 2020 . Nick Young scored 17 points for Los Angeles, which lost five of its last seven before trouncing the Pelicans, who beat them handily last week in New Orleans. Jodie Meeks and Xavier Henry scored 15 points apiece for the Lakers, who led by 20 points in the first half before coasting to their 12th win in their last 13 regular-season meetings with New Orleans. Wholesale Hurricanes Jerseys . GQ Lundqvist quite well.Three rounds, and nearly two months later, will the Kings have the strength to reach the summit of the Empire State to claim the cup?Truer words have never been spoken.ASHBURN, Va. -- Bruce Allen is now officially upgraded to president and general manager of the Washington Redskins. Previously, Allen held the GM title but was an executive vice-president. In a press release issued by the team on Monday, owner Dan Snyder says "I think the world of Bruce Allen and giving him both titles is appropriate." Allen was hired by the Redskins in December 2009,, after spending time with the Buccaneers and Raiders in the NFL, as well as USFL clubs. Carolina Hurricanes Gear. Last week, Allen said in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid that the teams nickname is "respectful" toward Native Americans. That followed half the U.S. Senate publicly urging NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to change the clubs name, saying it is a racist slur. ' ' '