Forums » News and Announcements

. Balenciaga Sandals

• 68 posts
    January 10, 2020 8:09 PM EST

DULUTH, Ga. Balenciaga Triple S White Sale . -- Miguel Angel Jimenez quickly shifted his focus back to the Ryder Cup after winning his first Champions Tour event. Jimenez held off Bernhard Langer to win the Greater Gwinnett Championship on Sunday, becoming only the third player to lead from start to finish in his debut on the 50-and-over tour. Jimenez, coming off a fourth-place finish in the Masters, closed with a 67 to finish two strokes ahead of Langer. Jimenez finished the tournament with 32 consecutive holes without a bogey at TPC Sugarloaf. The Spaniard said he cant make a commitment to the Champions Tour this year because his goal is making the European Ryder Cup team. "To me its not about money," Jimenez said. "Its about some different goals to make me feel proud of myself. To me I would feel nice to play on the Ryder Cup once more." Langer, the defending champion, shot his third-straight 68. Jimenez and Langer were tied at 10 under before a two-shot swing on No. 8. Jimenez needed only a short putt for a birdie, and Langer fell two strokes behind with his bogey. After that, Jimenez avoided mistakes down the stretch, leaving no opening for Langer or Jay Haas, who shot 67 and was third, four shots off the lead. Jimenez insisted the win wasnt easy. "When you hit the ball straight and you put the ball close to the hole it looks easy, but nothing is easy," he said. "You need to keep calm yourself. ... I like to feel the pressure and ... the people that are coming behind bite me." Langer said his inability to make birdie putts kept him from putting pressure on Jimenez. "I had a number of opportunities, just couldnt make any putts today," Langer said. "And he played very, very solid all day." Jimenez stretched his lead to three strokes before he showed that on this day even his mistakes brought no harm. He hit his tee shot on No. 15 into a tree -- but it bounced back into the fairway. From there, he hit his next shot into a bunker but still salvaged par. The win assured, Jimenez tipped his visor to the fans as he walked up the 18th fairway. He then winked and blew a kiss to a TV camera. He brought his victory cigar to his postgame press conference. "I showed my game is in very good shape now," said Jimenez, who added he isnt complaining about life at 50. "Im very happy with my age and the way Im doing," he said. "The last 15 years is when my best golf is coming. Its nice. No complaint with 50." Langer said he doesnt expect to see Jimenez on the Champions Tour again this year. "He said he wasnt going to play anymore this year because he wants ... to be the oldest European player to ever play on the Ryder Cup," Langer said. "Thats his goal. But, you know, goals can sometimes change. Who knows, maybe he makes the Ryder Cup team by July and hell decide to come out for a couple of weeks." Fred Couples, in the final group with Jimenez and Langer, shot 70 and was fourth. Langer tied for eighth and Couples tied for 20th in the Masters. Jimenez said coming out on top of the high-profile group made the win even nicer. "Of course its satisfaction," Jimenez said. "The better quality the field, the more satisfied you are with the victory. All three were playing very well in the Masters. We all were in contention. Thats nice." Steve Pate, Duffy Waldorf and David Frost tied for fifth. Willie Wood shot 66 and was in a group tied for eighth. Jimenez became the second straight player to win in his debut on the Champions Tour, following Jeff Maggert in last months Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic. Rod Funseth (1983 Hall of Fame Tournament) and Bruce Fleisher (1999 Royal Caribbean Classic) are the only other players to lead from start to finish in their first Champions Tour events. Balenciaga Triple S Black Discount . But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club. Balenciaga Triple S Cheap .J. - Pete Carroll is in support of the NFL looking further into whether medicinal marijuana could beneficial for players.LAS VEGAS -- The World squad is off to an impressive start at the Continental Cup curling tournament, taking a 2-1 lead over North America after Thursdays opening draw. Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Muirhead stole three in the fourth end and two more in fifth to earn the full point in the team standings. "It was a great start, we played really well and the ice conditions are fantastic," Muirhead said. "We had a really solid game out there and to get the first points on the board for Team World was good." The teams will meet again, possibly this week and certainly in Sochi. "You forget that Sochi is only a couple of weeks away and Jennifers going to be there but it doesnt really cross your mind," Muirhead said. "We play Jennifer a lot during the season and every game is just as tough. It makes it no different to any other game if we play her here or at the Winter Olympics or at any (World Curling) Tour event." Norways Thomas Ulsrud gave World another point with a 7-4 win over Winnipegs Jeff Stoughton. Ulsrud, who is also bound for Sochi, picked up three points in the fourth end to open up the game. Balenciaga Sandals Sale. "I think we played pretty solid out there," said Ulsrud, the silver medallist at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. "Weve been practising pretty hard in preparation for the Olympics. "Its good to get a good start for Team World. This is a big event for us. We get to play the Canadian Olympic (Brad Jacobs) team and the U.S. Olympic team (John Shuster), so were looking forward to that, it will be good practice. Hopefully we can send a message to them; I just hope they dont crush us." The U.S. Olympic womens team salvaged a point for North America as Erika Brown defeated Japans Satsuki Fujisawa 5-3. "It was a great big win. Its fun to play in front of 4-5,000 people and to play well," Brown said. "I could sense that things werent going so well on the other sheets so Im happy we got a point today (for North America)." A total of 60 points are available through the four days of competition, with the first team reaching 30.5 points earning the Continental Cup title. The tournament continued later Thursday with a round of mixed doubles. ' ' '